Lexus has introduced changes across its SUV board, these focusing mainly on interior tweaks and technology upgrades.
Driven by the Japanese Kaizen philosophy of continuous improvement, the changes apply to LX, RX and NX models.
The spec upgrades are:
- Wireless headsets will be made available for the LX range and will come standard with any purchase
- To ensure the driver and front passenger are safe when driving, the current LX will have a buzzer function for the seatbelts not worn.
- A new colour is introduced for the LX – Terrane Khaki (first seen on the UX). It offers a strong contrast between bright highlights and dark, calm shades.
- A new interior trim is also introduced, Ochre – a natural clay earth pigment with a mixture of clay and sand tones.
- Vehicle service intervals are at every 10 000 km, alternatively once a year. A 7-year/100 000 km Warranty and Full Maintenance Plan is standard for both LX models.
|LX 5.7 V8 Petrol||R1 894 100|
|LX 4.5 V8 Diesel||R1 827 600|
Spec changes for the RX range include:
- All model grades get enhanced seat quality. These range from Natural Leather for the EX grade to Natural High Leather for the L (7-seater), F Sport and SE grades.
- Seatbelt warning is now standard for all passenger – front and (now) rear.
- The EX grade also gets Dynamic Auto Headlamps like its siblings – previously it had static auto headlamps as standard.
|RX350 EX||R1 053 100|
|RX350L EX||R1 131 400|
|RX350 F-Sport||R1 178 200|
|RX450h SE||R1 369 200|
The NX has the following updates:
- NX hybrid model line-up now has two model grades – EX and SE grades. Previously, the hybrid was only available in SE grade.
- All model grades get a tachometer colour change – the supplementary area (before red zone) has been changed to pink.
- The Steering wheel horn pad design has been changed, and the compact Lexus emblem has been adopted.
- The ornamentation of the inside door handles now has a metallic coating.
- EX grades now get a keyless entry for the back door.
- The F Sport and Hybrid SE grades get a 14-speaker Mark Levinson sound system. For a premium sound, a new-generation Mark Levinson amplifier is available. The flagship range specs also receive a new Active Sound Control.
- Three new colours for EX, SE and Hybrid models are introduced; Terrane Khaki, Celestial blue and Black.
- The F Sport model also gets new colours – White Nova, Terrane Khaki, Celestial Blue and Black.
- The Hybrid SE wheel design has been changed from Base Alloy to High Alloy wheels.
- Park Distance Control for the EX and SE grades now has Standard-Front and Rear Intelligent Clearance Sonar.
|LEXUS NX SC|
|NX300 EX||R760 900|
|NX300 F-Sport||R901 500|
|NX300h SE||R992 000|
Lexus’ 7-year/105 000 km Warranty and Full Maintenance Plan is standard on the RX and NX. Vehicle service intervals are at every 15 000 km, alternatively once a year.